Monday, June 3, 2024

Ancestral Communication - Oil Painting Now Ready for Its Forever Home

Ancestral Communication

  • Oil and Acrylic on Canvas
  • 11 x 14 x 0.5 in
  • $400
  • Mary Rush

Since I painted the previous Plein air painting in monochrome hues of silver, bronze, gold, and beige, it was time to add color to the next painting.

I decided on a blue, purple, and green color scheme. The new process of painting an abstract underpainting is so exciting to me. It adds a spring to my step, and I can’t wait to begin the process.

Giddy with joy, immersed in the Southwest Arizona desert landscape, I was prepared to paint. This painting took the shape of the landscape naturally without trying. When I had the painting in front of me on the land, the mountains lined up with what I had randomly painted abstractly. Woo hoo! So much fun!

I grabbed the palette knife and mixed the paint to the sandy color of the desert floor. Slabs of the creamy beige appeared on top of the colorful abstract below it. I laid the paint down, following the formations of the mountains. I let the color show through in places to add surprise and wonder to the landscape scene. Two gold dots peek out boldly.

I love the shimmer of the metallic colors of bronze, gold, and silver in this color palette of blue, purple, green, and yellow.

When I look at the final painting, I hear drums beating in the distance as in ancestral communication.

Me, Mary Rush, with my painting, Ancestral Communication

Purchase link


I'd love to hear your thoughts about this painting. Please comment below. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment