Monday, June 10, 2024

The Passion of Place


The Passion of Place

  • Mixed Media on Canvas
  • 11 x 14 x 0.5 in


The abstract background of red, yellow, bronze, and gold shows through the landscape with boldness and passion.

I painted plein air at the abandoned salt mine in Camp Verde, Arizona. I left my paintbrushes at home. So, I added the paint directly from the tube onto the canvas, providing a highly saturated color and thick texture.

I worked quickly to capture the essence of the energy of the place. The passion of the working salt mine from years prior came through in the process. The salt mine was also a ritual site for local Hopi Indians. I'm sure that energy is here too.

The Passion of Place

  • Mixed Media on Canvas
  • 11 x 14 x 0.5 in
  • $400
  • Mary Rush, Artist shown here with her painting

Thoughts?

Tell me what you think about this painting in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment