Saturday, February 17, 2024

The Throne of God Painting - 11 x 14 - Mixed Media on Canvas

 

The Throne of God painting and me, Mary Rush.

The Throne of God

  • Mixed media on Canvas
  • 14 x 11 x 0.5 in
  • Still wet, will be available in 2-6 months

Now that the weather is warming up, it’s time to hit the painting Plein air trail again. I’m changing up my process. I hope you like the new look of my landscapes.

 

A land formation at the salt mine conjures my imagination of being an enormously large chair where God sits. It is in a direct line with my driveway. So, I always feel like I live at God’s feet. He (yes, my God is he) sits on his throne and watches over me.

 

The photo on the left is a scanned version of the center of the painting. I stand next to the full painting in the photo to the right. The metallic gold and silver, white, and beige color scheme is subtle except for the high contrasting lines.

 

It’s always a thrill to hit the hiking trail with paints and an easel in tow. As much as I love painting abstract, I love being in nature too. The new process marries both the abstract and the landscape. I have the best of both worlds now. It feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment