Saturday, February 24, 2024

Salt Mine in Red, Orange, and Yellow - New Plein Air Painting

 

Salt Mine in Red, Orange, and Yellow
11 x 14 x 0.5 inches
Acrylic and Oil on Canvas


Passionate red, orange, and yellow warm up this canvas and set the dull desert landscape aglow.

Using my new process of painting a colorful abstract base coat, these colors are warm as opposed to the cool colors of the previous painting.

I was so excited and jazzed to get outside and paint, I forgot to pack my palette paper. So, for this painting, the paint was squeezed directly from the tube onto the canvas. I mixed it as I painted. The result is a higher saturated color.

The dark blue mountains add high contrast to the undulating sandy hills and mountains in front of it. The heat of red and orange seem to blaze through the neutral colors of the landscape. Yellow suggests sunny skies.

Let me know what you think of this painting in the comments below. Thank you for reading this far.


Me, Mary Rush, with my painting.






No comments:

Post a Comment