Monday, January 16, 2023

Painting 154

 

Painting 154

  • Mixed Media
  • 71.5 x 41.375 x 0 in

A painting of discovery, it began with watered-down acrylic washes. I hung this one on the wall, unlike my recent floor paintings. The paint ran in drips, which I realized it would do. I let most of them run. I allowed some of the intriguing shapes to come forth from the drips.

The painting titled itself almost immediately as I began painting. The title, Painting 154, is nebulous.

As the painting progressed, it took on an industrial feeling. The snake path reminds me of a conveyor belt. But, with a vague title, I won’t say more about this painting. I want the viewer to discern for themselves if there is any meaning in it for them.

I'd love to hear from you!

Leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts on this painting. I hope you're having a lovely day!


PURCHASE INFORMATION LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment