Monday, January 16, 2023

Sedona Wilderness Oil Painting - Plein Air

Sedona Wilderness Area, 12 x 9 inches (artwork 11.5 x 8.5 inches), Oil on Paper.

Between Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte, there is a favorite place in the wilderness where beauty and peace reside. When I moved to Sedona in 2014, it felt like I was the only person who knew it. Now, the trail is easily found and it is a busy place. I painted this earlier this year in that place and had lots of conversations with the tourists. 

I finished it in the studio to fix an area that needed it. Also, when I was leaving the trail, it was quite windy. Some debris landed in the paint, so I fixed those areas too. The joys of Plein air painting are being out there in nature in all of its offerings of beauty and weather. I hope you love it.

Blank sheet of paper taped with blue painting tape waiting for a plein air session in Sedona, Arizona.

Sedona Wilderness Plein Air painting laying the ground in Sedona

On the trail in Sedona, Arizona.



I Love to Hear From YOU!

Please leave a comment below with any thoughts on this painting. I love hearing from you!

Purchase Information

You may find additional information about the painting along with purchase information HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment