Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Plein Air Painting at Ryal Canyon in Camp Verde, Arizona

The scene with the painting in Process Plein Air Painting - Ryal Canyon, Camp Verde, Arizona USA


September 19, 2022.

One of my favorite activities is getting out of the house in the morning with tea, breakfast, and painting supplies tucked inside my backpack. Then, drive or walk to a beautiful place to paint the scene.


This morning I drove about a 1/2 mile south to the beautiful Ryal Canyon in Camp Verde. The hike is steep and rocky, and the trail is narrow. There was a deep crevice in the path at the beginning of my walk. I noted that this is not a good trail to be on with threats of rain!


I encountered just that after a couple of hours of blissfully painting. The clouds hovered overhead. I knew I had better pack up and get down. I had hiked past the first green gate. I fumbled to get the chain back on as the gate leaned downhill. The trail slopes downward on the way back and can be tricky with the rocks, especially with a wet painting on an easel in one hand. Today, I wanted to save my paint on the painting palette, so that was in my other hand. Probably not the best idea. But, I made it safe, sound, and dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment