Sunday, September 25, 2022

From Ryal Canyon - Plein Air Painting

 

Green and mauve plein air landscape painting
From Ryal Canyon, Plein air painting by artist Mary Rush. 11 x 14 x 0.75 inches, Oil on Canvas


I share the completed painting of my Plein air adventure at Ryal Canyon in Camp Verde, Arizona, USA. I finished it up in the studio.

The scene is far away from where I stood to paint. There was an intriguing land formation where it dipped into a large area. The green you see is agricultural fields with greenery sitting before it, between the land formation and the farming field. I combined them into one field since that’s how it looked from where I was painting.

I had painted the background a gold color before painting. It shows through as outlines of the objects.

The final painting is surreal. I hope you find it interesting. Please tell me what you see in the comments below. Thanks for browsing and reading my art notes. Happy day to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment