Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Plein Air Painting Alongside the Road

Yesterday, I did a Plein air painting situated alongside the road. I have admired this scene on my daily walk for years. You might not see, in the photo, what I see from the road. The energy is charming with the gate on the left and the tree on the upper right. They have lovely conversations; I imagine. What did the gate say to the tree? Comment below. Let’s have some fun.

Three people stopped in their vehicles to look and chat. Two were on their way to the river. One was a couple of young men with a kayak in the back of their red late-model Toyota pickup truck. They got out and asked me if I sell my paintings. Silly me, I had no business card to give them. I’ve packed them for next time.

And the other, in a new green Jeep with two dogs, smiling in a friendly manner, drove his vehicle as close as he could to see the painting. I guess he didn’t want the dogs to get out. A friendly chap, he reminisced about his own experience in painting and drawing, which he had put on the back-burner for years. He was going fishing, which brings him peace, he said. After seeing me out there, he will consider getting back to his art.



I escaped the wind until the very end when I was packing up. It threw the easel with my painting attached. In catching it, luckily only the sides of the canvas, which I had painted, brushed across my arms and hands. I had already packed everything up, so I simply walked back home with paint all over me.

Art teaches nothing, except the significance of life.
Michael Korda



No comments:

Post a Comment