Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Pilgrimage Art Prints and Art Pillow

Acrylic Painting, Cathedral Rock, Sedona, Arizona, blooming century plant
"Pilgrimage," 12 x 12 inches, Acrylic on Wood

Sedona! The scene is Cathedral Rock as seen from Bell Rock on the Courthouse Butte Trail. Cathedral Rock is the 2nd most photographed rock formation (behind the Grand Canyon) in Arizona. You can see it from most of Sedona, in spite of the fact that many times you can't recognize it because it looks so different from the many angles and perspectives you might be looking from. It's a photographer's delight, especially during the full moon when full moon drumming circles can be joined each month at the top of Cathedral Rock.

"Pilgrimage" was the first landscape painting I did of Sedona. And it was Plein air, although, I didn't know that term at the time. I finished it up in the studio. The original is not available. It's available as a print and many other products such as the pillow (shown here) and as a puzzle.

I titled it "Pilgrimage" because of the gold path on the painting. Many come to Sedona in search of themselves. I imagine Cathedral Rock to be a place of pilgrimage. In my mind's eye, while painting, I could a cloaked figure walking the path.

Refer to my blog article to see in-process photos and more about the painting:


#sedona #sedonaaz #sedonavortex #sedonahiking #pilgrimage #cathedralrock #cathedralrocksedona #pleinairpainting #artprints #artpillows #arthomedecor  

No comments:

Post a Comment