Sunday, July 17, 2022

NEW Painting: Wizard of Oz


After finishing this painting and searching it with my eyes for a title, I saw all the characters emerge from the Wizard of Oz. I was going to call it "There's Gold, Silver, and Bronze," which is appropriate also. I like "Wizard of Oz" better. What would you call it?

About This Painting

This painting used up the last of my roll of canvas. It was my first roll after painting for three decades. How can that be? I began painting in 1992, so that is 30 years ago!!! Shocking! Anyway, I must have another roll of canvas. It's been a fun adventure painting flat on the floor, sometimes on the ground on the hiking trail. It's also a wonderful storage-saving idea. They roll up and store quite compactly.

Since it was the last painting from the roll, there is a vertical crease that didn't come out. I thought it would flatten after being wet with paint. But it didn't. Maybe it'll flatten out after stretching it over canvas stretcher bars.

Please Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this painting. What would you call it? What do you see? Do you like it or not?

Signed!

I signed this painting after the photo shoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment