Monday, April 16, 2012

Staged Photography

This past week I had my final critique in Photo 3 class for the staging project. I did four different stages and showed my photos.
Going to a Fine Art Event, staged photography.
©2012 Mary A. Gravelle

Staging a photograph is just what it sounds like. Everything in the photograph is there by intention. As photographer and stager, I had to come up with an idea of what I wanted to say via the photograph. This is different from shooting a photo of what you are seeing that is already there, in existence. It is about creating the image that you want others to see. 
Hopeful Fecundity, staged photography.
©2012 Mary A. Gravelle

Car Advertisement, staged photography.
©2012 Mary A. Gravelle
I found this to be a fun project that involved other people. It also took me out of my studio, into other settings, and into the great outdoors. That was refreshing.
Life in Death, staged photography.
©2012 Mary A. Gravelle






Man and Cat, staged photography.
©2012 Mary A. Gravelle



Use this link to contact me: http://www.contactify.com/b83af

No comments:

Post a Comment