Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Double Ooops and What's New

©2011 Mary Rush Gravelle. Pink and Green,
Photograph on paper. Let me know
if you want a print.
"When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time".
::: Cy Twombly :::

A double oops for not getting my last two posts out on time. I promised to deliver every Monday by noon. The past two weeks I certainly slipped up. I am very sorry for letting you down.

I would like to catch you up this week with what is going on and where I see new things happening.

As some of you know I'm going to art school full time. The past two weeks I had mid-term exams and was studying pretty much every waking (sometimes sleeping while at it) moment. So my schedule has been a little off these past two weeks. I'll try real hard to get back on track for next Monday. Is Monday a good time for you to read my posts? Is there another day that would be better for you?

You may have noticed that I am playing around with video. This has been a lot of fun and very exciting new development for me. Many people have been doing this for a while now. I'm a late bloomer, what can I say? Expect to see more videos.

I'm in my 2nd semester of photography. The photo in this post is from my latest project. It is one photograph from a series of four. I'm very tickled with the result and see more photography in my future.

Writing and thinking about creativity just gives me a thrill. So, please converse with me on this subject and expect to see more writing from me about it.

And, oh yeah, you may have noticed my name on the caption of the above photo. I want to matriculate back to my maiden name or at least use it somehow. Rush is my maiden name. Gravelle is my ex-husband's name. So, for now, I would like to go by Mary Rush Gravelle.

Finally, I'm trying the new viewing of this blog. Do you like it? Should I revert back to the old view?

That's it for now.

Actions for you
Please comment on the following:

  1. Is Monday a good time for you to read my posts? Is there another day that would be better for you?
  2. Do you like the new blog view? Should I revert back to the old view?


Summary of what's new for me

  • Video taping stuff
  • School full time
  • Photography
  • Mary Rush Gravelle
  • New blog view

No comments:

Post a Comment