Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Painting Series of Four Works - Collage Exploration on 9 x 12 Canvas

Slivers of the paintings as I worked on them.


I have been working on a four-painting series and running a contest. I hope you voted to win a set of art notecards or mini posters. Below is information on the series. The schedule for revealing the finished paintings is also below. 


The Series

This series consists of four small paintings on gallery-wrapped canvas measuring 9 x 12 x 0.5 inches. The media used was acrylic paint and paper. 


Process

The first step was to paint a white acrylic base coat on each painting. Then, I adhered colored paper shapes onto each of the four canvases, each receiving a unique approach. I painted all four canvases with the underlayer, which helped determine the design direction of each painting. After the initial sessions of working on all four at once, I considered each one and worked consecutively, finishing each piece as I progressed to the next. I wanted to make a series of small paintings that would hang well together. After the first painting, the color scheme took a different route. Numbers two, three, and four share a similar color story. Numbers three and four follow an almost identical design style along with the color story. 


Paintings Reveal Schedule

 My newsletter subscribers will be the first to see these paintings. They will have the first right to own them. Below is the schedule for revealing the finished paintings: 


Subscribe now to my newsletter to see the paintings first. 


Newsletter Subscribers

Thu, Jan 19: 1st painting 

Fri, Jan 20: 2nd painting 

Sat, Jan 21: 3rd painting 

Sun Jan 22: 4th, the final painting 


Social Media Reveal Schedule

Social media followers of my art will see the paintings two days after my newsletter subscribers. The two-day lag will give subscribers a chance to make their purchases. 


Sat, Jan 21: 1st painting 

Sun, Jan 22: 2nd painting 

Mon, Jan 23: 3rd painting 

Tue, Jan 24: the final painting 


Subscribe now to my newsletter to see the paintings first.






No comments:

Post a Comment