Saturday, July 6, 2013

Most Viewed Prints this Week

Triangle as Light Source, 36 x 36 inches, Mixed-media on Wood.
Original is available. ©2009 Mary Rush Gravelle.
Purchase a print.

#1: Triangle as Light Source.

A dream showed me geometric shapes as light source. I painted three: triangle, circle, and square. Obviously, this is the triangle.

#2: Magical

Moving to the Southwest in 2006, I was inspired to do a series of the magical landscape of Oracle, Arizona. I painted nine different paintings of that place. This one is of the land where I housesat for three months. It was a great introduction to the wide open expansiveness of this landscape. This series was shown at RLV Gallery in Oracle, AZ in February, 2007.
Magical, 34 x 48 inches, Acrylic on Wood.
Original resides In the artist's collection.
©2007 Mary Rush Gravelle.
Purchase a print.

#3: Summer's Song

I moved to Silver City, New Mexico in the fall of 2006. Another series evolved of that landscape, which differed from Oracle, Arizona. I did about 16 paintings of this landscape. Some of them were shown at College Avenue Collection in Silver City, New Mexico in the October of 2008.
Summer's Song, 36 x 60 inches, Acrylic on Canvas.
Original is available. ©2007 Mary Rush Gravelle.
Purchase a print.
How do you like them? Which one do you like best?

Contact me at mary@marysfineart.com


Until Next Week
  • Create art 
  • Appreciate art 
  • Buy art 
Mary Rush Gravelle is an artist who resides in Tucson, Arizona with her beloved cat, Sir Kitty. Her art can be seen on her website, maryfineart.com. She can be contacted via email at: mary@maryfineart.com.


31 comments:

  1. The shell and lantern look like they belong together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robert. I guess that means that my photo was successful!

      Delete
  2. I love the colors in "Summer's Song"...such depth and tranquility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I really like the shell and lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all neat works of art. Thank you for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer Song is beautiful. And, it does remind me of Silver City, NM. This is where my family is from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah… thank you. I didn't know your family was from Silver City. Do you go there often?

      Delete
  7. I love the picture with the rainbow... Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly… thank you. This painting depicts one of my first experiences with full double rainbows. It was truly magical.

      Delete
  8. The Secret Garden pic is absolutely awesome! It's amazing the designs we can see with snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the triangle as light picture! Well done! My husband loves photography and it makes me think of how he explains what he looks for to compose a picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loretta Smith. Your husband sounds like a fabulous photographer who loves what he is doing.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous art! My favorite is #2 - Magical:) Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like Summer Song! Don Purdum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors, all teh pictures seem so fresh and happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awweee…. thanks, AskYvi… I really love your comment. I strive for fresh and happy in my artwork so I'm glad that is coming through.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful - I love the summer sun one!

    ReplyDelete