Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Arts & Cultural District Designation Update

Last night we celebrated the designation of our town, along with Las Vegas, being designated as an Arts & Cultural Destination in New Mexico. This is a really big deal in our small town. About 20 representatives from around the country are here right now interviewing people in the town about how to capitalize on this designation. I talked to four of the team members (John, Rich, Jennifer, and a guy from D.C.--sorry I forgot your name) to put my two cents into the mix. I also discovered a few new resources and avenues for my art. New Mexico is actually artist-friendly. It was a good night. Rich gave me button with our new logo so I could strut it around town today. Tomorrow at lunchtime, they will present a summary of their findings to whoever is interested enough to show up. That would be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment