Saturday, October 5, 2013

Prescott Artists Open Studio Tour: Cathy Gibbons & Mary Schulte

Prescott Artist's Open Studio Tour
Oct 4, 5, 6, 2013

Cathy Gibbons and Mary Schulte
6th Street Studios
Prescott Arizona

Artist, Cathy Gibbons, and I share a common artistic inspiration. She, too, began painting the magnificent Arizona landscape after moving to Arizona.

I particularly liked her small landscapes, which were focused on smaller portions of the landscape, such as a flower or tree.

This makes sense since her favorite subject to paint is the portait. The mini landscapes are portraits of nature. Her love of the human portrait is apparent when viewing her paintings, examples surround her in the photo below.

Mary Schulte creates whimsical sculpture, mosaics, jewelry, and fiber arts. 

I was drawn to her hand-dyed wearables. Some of the necklines received hand sewn treatments which endeared them to me. 

I loved the pinks, browns, and beige toned items.

No comments:

Post a Comment