Saturday, August 10, 2013

Phone Art Painting 2 Phase 6 and 7--Might Be Done

Phone Art Painting #2, Phase 6, 36 x 36 inches
Mixed-media on Canvas. August 3, 2013.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle
This painting just might be ready to sign. There is only one question about it right now. Are the dots in the center too small?

After Phase 6, I let the painting sit for a week. I wasn't sure if I liked it at that stage. When I returned to it, I really liked it.

When I first approached my painting today, I was a little hesitant… what needs to be done? Before long, I was in the flow and just painting… not thinking… ahhhh... glorious place to be, indeed!

I played with shooting certain places on this painting in phase 7. See below for the detail shots. You can purchase prints of those.

What's your opinion about the center dots -- just right, larger, more of 'em? See the photo of Phase 7 below.

By the way, you click on a photo and be taken to a slideshow to see all photos from this blog post.
Sir Kitty and his mouse with my painting in
phase 6. He was playing with his mouse
behind my painting. The canvas is bunched
up as a result.






























View from my studio sink (kitchen). Beauty break when I wash my
brushes, pallette, and water containers.





















Phone Art Painting #2, Phase 7.
36 x 36 inches, Mixed-media on canvas.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle

Colors of the Southwest, 36 x 36 inches, Mixed-media on canvas.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle
Phone Art Painting #2, Phase 7, Detail 1.
Buy the Print.

Phone Art Painting #2, Phase 7, Detail 2.
36 x 36 inches, Mixed-media on canvas.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle
Purchase the print to brighten your space.
Me with Sir Kitty
Fun with Photoshop….
Until Next Week
  • Create art 
  • Appreciate art 
  • Buy art 
Mary Rush Gravelle is an artist who resides in Tucson, Arizona with her beloved cat, Sir Kitty. Her art can be seen on her website, maryfineart.com. She can be contacted via email at: mary@maryfineart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment