Saturday, July 20, 2013

Night Photography of an Almost Full Moon – the Guru Moon

Backyard Night Landscape
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.

Night photograph taken by photographer, Mary Rush Gravelle,
depicts an eerie and moody backyard scene of Amercicana Southwest.
I just realized that I like to create dark and moody photographs. This is the opposite of my paintings, which are light and happy.

This month's moon is being referred to as Guru Moon of the Golden Age, according to OMTimes Media ezine, which says:
"The upcoming Full Moon that falls on July 21st PDT is incredibly powerful. Some would even say it will be the most powerful Full Moon of this century.
Commonly known as the Full Moon of the Guru (Guru Purnima in some cultures), this is the first Full Moon of the Guru of the Golden Age.
"Guru" means the Remover of Ignorance or Supreme Teacher.
Unlike other Full Moons, this one offers the most energetic support to connect with the wisdom of Ascended Masters of Enlightenment."
Hexagon Moon
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.
There is something about this month's moon, for sure. It has been tantalizing me with its beauty and mystery over the past three nights. I cannot help but photograph it.

Last night was especially fun as I experimented with a 1600 ISO setting while playing with the manual functions on my camera. I am delighted with the outcome. These are but a few of the photos from last night's session.

Guru Moon Rising
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.

Photograph by photographer, Mary Rush Gravelle, was taken while the
moon was half full during the upcoming guru moon of the Golden Age.
It glows with anticipation of what is to come.
Do you like any of these photographs? Have you encountered this moon yet and had similar experiences?
Palm Tree at Sunset
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.


Hexagon Moon Landscape
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.
Behind the Mysterious Dark There is Light
Photography, 3000 x 4000 pixels, 180 ppi.
©2013 Mary Rush Gravelle. All rights reserved.

Lurking behind the mystery of the dark thicket of our minds,
one must realize that there is light on the other side.
Getting beyond it and into the Light is the challenge.
If you would like to purchase a print of any of these, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Until Next Week
  • Create art 
  • Appreciate art 
  • Buy art 
Mary Rush Gravelle is an artist who resides in Tucson, Arizona with her beloved cat, Sir Kitty. Her art can be seen on her website, maryfineart.com. She can be contacted via email at: mary@maryfineart.com.




13 comments:

  1. great shots!Spooky looking sky, but really magical realism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna Lyn… thank you so much for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I love the tones and colours of the images. I'm going to look at the moon in a totally new way tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome, blissedoutjo! To get an emotional response and a different way of looking at the world while viewing my art is what I seek to achieve. I think many other artists are seeking this as well. It's our job. I'm delighted that my art has catalyzed a new way to view the moon for you.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work. Would not even know some of those pics were the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene S… I agree that some of the pics don't look like the moon. I think that perhaps, they look like the sun. And the hexagon shape still baffles me… Mary

      Delete
  4. What awesome shots you got! I love pictures of the moon and I really enjoy your outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you for your kind words and comment.

      Delete
  5. I like the 'Guru Moon'
    Nice to see your work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous photos. You were able to capture aspects that most are not able to. Thank you for sharing. Love the info about it being The Full Moon of the Guru. Somehow I missed it. :( Usually I'm the one telling everyone to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dionne… thank you for your kind words on my photographs. I missed last month's full moon which was supposedly one of the greats in that it was a super moon. This month's full moon was the one that got my attention for some reason. I'm glad I could share something original with you… Mary

      Delete