Monday, December 3, 2012

The Art Supply Store

Passage, 20 x 16 inches, Oil on Masonite.
©2006 Mary Rush Gravelle

The Art Supply Store Adventure

This past Sunday, I discovered an art supply store in Tucson, Arizona. I moved here six months ago and have been busy getting my life in order. On Sunday, I knew it was time to scout out the art supply stores in the area.

I hopped online and googled "art supply store Tucson" and found Arizona Art Supply. In addition to having physical stores in Arizona, you can buy art supplies online from their site.

The Tucson store is under construction. I wasn't sure if I had found the place or not. What a delight to walk in and see all my old friends once again, art supplies in all of their myriad forms. I was looking for canvases. I was excited that they were having 60% off canvas sale.

After a tour of the store given by a friendly staff person, I slowly took in the sights that had potential to become part of my dazzling future art projects.

Found Object for my next art
mixed-media art project.

My Next Art Project

I purchased three of one of my favorite sized canvases, Windsor & Newton DeepEdge 8 x 8 inches. I found an object on my walk yesterday that I want to incorporate into a mixed-media piece. Stay tuned to see my process and final artwork.

Arizona Art Supply

I recommend the Tucson store location of Arizona Art Supply. The people that work there are friendly and readily available for questions. You can find just about everything you need for your next art project. And the prices are great.

And YOU?

What are you working on?





Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment