Monday, May 24, 2010

Herb & Dorothy -- Wonderful Movie for Artists


Herb and Dorothy Vogel were the quintessential art collectors. I enjoyed this movie tremendously on many levels. From an artist standpoint, I wish I had more collectors like Herb and Dorothy out there interested in my work. If they liked an artist's work, they followed them, made friends with them, and collected their work over the years. This is a MUST SEE for every artist out there. I also think as artists, we could be better at collecting other artist's works. I rented the movie last night from Netflix in the Play Now mode.

On another level, they were married for over 40 years (maybe still are?). They are each other's best friend and love hanging out together and going to art events everyday.

Very extraordinary ordinary folks. You gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment