Friday, January 11, 2008

Busy Updating & Refining My Websites

Whew. Websites are a LOT of work! I had a really good session with some talented ladies yesterday. They gave me great advice on refining my websites to make them more user-friendly. I think this is a challenge for most webmasters, especially when it is our own website. We are too close to the situation to really see it with fresh eyes. So, I'm currently updating and simplifying my CafePress.com store. Then, I'll get to my Mary's Fine Art website. The advice is to try to keep it "two clicks" away or less, taking out the layers I have built into both of these sites. It made perfect sense to me, the artist, keeping all of my series and paintings in separate categories. Apparently on the user end, this is not such a good idea. Okay, back to work. Ta ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment